The Symposium at Desert & Denim
We are proud to announce the addition of The Symposium at Desert & Denim. Symposium comes from the Greek words meaning "fellow drinker" or "to drink together." It was a place for community leaders and luminaries to come together and discuss, debate, boast and share their passions. While we have left the ban on women in 500 B.C., we have retained the core aim of creating a place where ideas are freely exchanged and debated.
The Symposium is free and open to the public. The format will be an hour long round-table discussion, followed by 15-30 minutes of public Q+A. Bring your curiosity, opinions and questions. And a drink.
11:30am-1pm: B-Corps: You can be for profit and for the environment!
- Jainee Dial and Lindsey Elliott, Co-Founders, Wylder Goods
- Scott Davies, Co-Founder and Head Cultivator, Humboldt Legends
- Paul Hendricks, Brand Responsibility Manager, Patagonia
Moderator: Skyler Greene, Candy Mountain Collective
1:30pm-3pm: The Real Cost of Fast Fashion
- Miles Johnson, Creative Director, Patagonia
- Paul Dillinger, Head of Global Product Innovation and Premium Collection Design, Levi Strauss & Co
- Scott Hamlin, Founder and CEO, Looptworks
Moderator: Amy Leverton, Denim Dudes
3:30pm-5pm: Conservation and Community: What Is The Most Effective Use of Your Time?
- Obi Kaufmann, Artist, Author, Naturalist Philosopher, Coyote and Thunder
- Seth Shteir, Program Manager, National Parks Conservation Alliance
- Sarah Friedman, Senior Campaign Representative, Sierra Club
- Ken Layne, Publisher and Editor, Desert Oracle
- Laura Crane, Deputy Director of Lands for California, The Nature Conservancy
Moderator: Jeff Thrope, Cold Splinters